Authentic lamps are critical!
Don’t settle for anything but the best for your Sony KDF-55E2000 LCD TV. Always install an authenticLCD projection lamp. When buying look for the seal of approval — don’t get caught with a copycat generic projector lamp!
Why avoid generic projection lamps:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- created with toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- can damage the sensitive electronics in your projector
- when you buy copy-cat lamps you get no guarantee or refunds
- installing a generic lamp voids your projector’s warranty.
The Sony KDF-55E2000 uses the Sony XL-2400 (F-9308-750-0) projection lamp.
When to replace?
The Sony KDF-55E2000 projection lamp should last up to 8,000 hours depending on how much you use your TV. When the LCD projection lamp is reaching end of life, you may see the following warning signs:
- onscreen message screen reminding you to replace the lamp
- Lamp indicator on the TV will start flashing.
- darker images on screen and colors that look off.
- the screen may dim and the color balance goes off
- a noticeable popping sound
Replace the LCD projection lamp immediately.
Replacing the LCD projection lamp
Perform these safety steps before installing the new lamp:
- Turn off the power on the main unit.
- The cooling fan will continue to operate for two minutes after the power is turned off.
- Wait several minutes before unplugging the power cord.
- Wait an additional 30 minutes to allow the lamp to cool down. The lamp operates under extreme heat so avoid touching it before changing the lamp.
Take the new Sony XL-2400 projection lamp out of the box. Don’t shake the lamp as vibrations can damage the lamp. Avoiding touching the glass portion on the lamp as the oil from your fingers can burn black marks on the lamp.
Remove the outside Sony XL-2400 projection lamp cover. Turn the knob counterclockwise to open. Pull out the cover.
Put the new Sony XL-2400 projection lamp into its place. Mount the new lamp securely or the self-diagnostic function will be triggered. A lose lamp can also cause the screen to go dark.
Reattach the Sony KDF-42E2000 LCD TV lamp door. Turn the knob back to CLOSE and secure the cover
Green your Sony KDF-55E2000 LCD TV
If you interested in going green with your Sony KDF-55E2000 LCD TV, you can replace only the projection bulb and re-used the plastic casing. This can save your money plus help reduce waste by recycling. Watch our training video to learn more.