When to replace?
The Sony KDF-55E2000 projector lamp should last up to 8,000 hours depending on how much you use the TV. When the lamp is reaching end of life, you will see a message on screen and the lamp indicator on the TV will start flashing. Other end of life signs may also include darker images and colors that look off. You may hear a noticeable popping and this is normal.
To replace the LCD projector lamp
The Sony KDF-55E2000 TV uses the Sony XL-2400 (F-9308-750-0) projection lamp. Perform there safety steps before installing the new projector lamp:
- Turn off the power on the main unit.
- The cooling fan will continue to operate for two minutes after the power is turned off.
- Wait several minutes before unplugging the power cord.
- Wait an additional 30 minutes to allow the lamp to cool down. The lamp operates under extreme so avoid touching it before changing the lamp.
Take the new Sony XL-2400 projector lamp out of the box. Don’t shake the lamp as vibrations can damage the lamp. Avoiding touching the glass portion on the lamp as the oil from your fingers can burn black marks on the lamp.
Remove the outside Sony XL-2400 projector lamp cover. Turn the knob counterclockwise to open. Pull out the cover.
Put the new Sony XL-2400 projector lamp into its place. Mount the new lamp securely or the self-diagnostic function will be triggered. A loose lamp can also cause the screen to go dark.
Reattach the Sony KDF-55E2000 LCD TV lamp door. Turn the knob back to CLOSE and secure the cover
Authentic lamps are critical!
Don’t settle for anything but the best for your Sony KDF-55E2000 LCD TV. When buying look for the seal of approval.
6 reasons to avoid generic LCD projector lamps:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- created with toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- can damage the sensitive electronics in your projector
- when you buy copy-cat lamps you get no guarantee or refunds
- installing a generic lamp voids your projector’s warranty.
Green your Sony KDF-55E2000 LCD TV
If you interested in going green with your Sony KDF-55E2000 LCD TV, you can replace only the projector bulb and re-used the plastic casing. This can save your money plus help reduce waste. Watch our training video to learn more.