Follow this guide when it’s time to replace the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 750 HD projector lamp.
Why invest in authentic projector lamps
An authentic projector lamp makes all the difference in how your Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 750HD performs. Look for the seal of approval before buying your Epson 750HD projector lamp. Keep reading for the 6 reasons to avoid counterfeit lamps. Read the 7 Ways to Spot a Counterfeit Lamp.
Watching for end of life
It’s time to replace the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 750HD projector lamp when the following signs are seen:
- The projected image gets darker or starts to deteriorate.
- A message appears saying to replace the lamp when the projector is turned off
- The projector lamp warning light flashes orange.
Installing the Projector Lamp Replacement
The Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 750HD uses the Epson ELPLP67 projector lamp replacement.
- Turn power button off wait for light to stop flashing.
- Turn off power switch on Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 750HD projector.
- Unplug the power cord.
- Allow the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 750HD projector to cool for one hour. It should be cool to the touch before changing the projector lamp.
- Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
Caution: Don’t touch the actual bulb with your fingers since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb.
Installing the Epson ELPLP67 projector lamp
Loosen the lamp cover screw and slide the 750HD projector lamp cover off.
Loosen the two screws holding the Epson ELPLP67 projector lamp in place.
Grab the Epson ELPLP67 projector lamp by the wire handle and gently pull the sprojector lamp out. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should this happen. Gently insert the Epson ELPLP67 projector lamp making sure it’s facing the right way.
Tighten the screws on the new Epson ELPLP67 projector lamp. Be sure not to tighten too much or the lamp may not work.
Replace the lamp cover and tighten the screw on the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 750HD projector lamp cover. You a ready to reset the projector lamp timer.
Reset the projector lamp timer
Reset the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 750HD projector Lamp Replacement Counter only when the Epson ELPLP67 projector lamp has been replaced.
- Press the MENU button on the remote control. The Lamp Reset Menu will appear.
- Scroll down to the RESET LAMP HOURS. Press ENTER.
- A prompt appears asking if you want to RESET LAMP HOURS?
- Select YES and press ENTER.
- Press MENU to exit.
Prolong the life of the Home Cinema 750HD projector lamp:
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP67 projector lamp with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 750HD projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life
6 reasons to avoid generic lamps:
- shorter lamp life
- created with toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- can damage the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- no safeguards to protect your eyesight
- no guarantee or refunds offered.