This guide shows how to replace the Acer PH730 projector lamp.
When to replace
The Acer PH730 projector will detect the lamp life for the Acer PH730 projector lamp and show the warning message: Lamp is approaching the end of its useful life in full power operation. Replacement Suggested! Other signs of end of life include a faded picture or distorted colours on screen. The power lamp will also begin flashing amber. Replace the projector lamp immediately.
The importance of authentic
Counterfeit “compatible” lamps may appear to be a bargain but actually cost more in the long run. The few dollars you save with counterfeit “compatible” lamps are not worth it in the long run. Save yourself unnecessary headaches — buy a Acer EC.J3001.001 projector lamp from a recognized dealer. You’ll be getting a far superior product with a replacement guarantee and tech support.
Reasons for not buying counterfeit projector lamps:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- incompatibility causing damage to the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- no guarantee or refunds when you buy from a reseller.
How to replace the projector lamp
The Acer PH730 projector uses the Acer EC.J3001.001 projector lamp. Before installation make sure the projector is cool to the touch before replacing the projector lamp. There is a risk of burning if the projector has not cooled sufficiently.
NOTE: Projector lamps contain mercury and should be properly recycled. Don’t put these lamps into regular garbage.
1. Turn the power off on the projector. Unplug it from the power source.
2. Push up and remove the projector lamp cover.
3. Remove the 3 screws from the Acer PH730 projector lamp.
4. Lift the wire handle on the Acer EC.J3001.001 bulb and gently pull the lamp up to remove it. Be careful not to touch the actual lamp since your oil on fingertips can burn blackspots which will show up on the screen. Treat the lamp gently so it doen’t break. If it does break, here’s what to do. Place the new lamp into the Acer PH730 projector. Tighten the screws on the new Acer EC.J3001.001. Place the lid back onto the projector. You are now ready to reset the projector lamp timer.
Resetting the projector lamp timer
It’s important to always reset the lamp timer after replacing the projector lamp in your Acer PH730 projector. You want the projector to track how many hours the lamp has been used and send out warning messages when the Acer EC.J3001.001 reaches end of life.
To reset the Projector Lamp timer:
- Open the MAIN MENU. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to the MANAGEMENT menu. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to the Lamp Hour reset option.
Scroll over to PRESS.
Choose “Yes ”to resert the lamp hourcounter to 0 hours.
- Press the right arrow.
- The lamp will be reset to zero.
Extending the projector lamp life
- Use the Eco Mode for more lamp hours.
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the Acer PH730 projector.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life