Replace the Epson PowerLite 460 projector lamp.
Invest in an authentic OEM projector lamp to keep your Epson PowerLite 460 working. Extremely cheap lamps bought over the internet are usually counterfeits and don’t offer the same performance as authentic lamps.
With an authentic OEM, you can expect between 2500 to 3500 hours of usage before it’s time to install a replacement projector lamp.
When it’s time for a new projector lamp
End of life warnings include:
- the image gets darker or starts to deteriorate.
- the message Replace the lamp appears on the screen
the lamp light starts flashing orange or begins to flash red
- Replacing the Epson BrightLink 450Wi projector lamp
Installing the new Projector Lamp
Before installing the replacement Epson ELPLP57 projector lamp follow these important safety tips:
- Turn off power switch on Epson PowerLite 460 projector.
- Unplug the electrical cord.
- Allow the Epson PowerLite 460 projector to cool down. It should be cool to the touch before you open it to change the projector lamp. Otherwise you run the risk of burning yourself.
- Do not operate the projector while the lamp has been removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
- Loosen the Epson PowerLite 460 lamp cover screw — you can’t remove it only loosen it.
- Slide the projector lamp cover off.
- Loosen the two screws holding the Epson ELPLP57 projector lamp in place.
- Using the wire handle on the projector lamp, gently pull the lamp out. Be careful not to bang the lamp against the projector.
- NOTE: The Epson ELPLP57 projector lamp contains mercury and should be recycled properly.
- Gently insert the replacement Epson ELPLP57 projector lamp. Be sure not to touch the actual glass bulb as the oil from your fingers will leave a black mark on the screen.
- Tighten the screws on the new Epson ELPLP57 projector lamp. Be sure not to tighten too much or the lamp may not work.
- Replace the lamp cover and tighten the screw on the projector lamp cover.
You are now ready to reset the Epson PowerLite 460 projector lamp timer.
Reset the projector lamp timer
Reset the Epson PowerLite 460 projector Lamp Replacement Counter only when the Epson ELPLP57 projector lamp has been replaced. You need the projector to track lamp life correctly. Otherwise the projector may run past the recommended lamp life and suffer an explosion.
- Turn on the projector
- Press the MENU button on the remote control.
- Scroll down to the RESET MENU. Press ENTER.
- Select RESET LAMP HOURS. Press ENTER.
- Select YES to the prompt asking if you want to reset the lamp hours. Press ENTER.
- Press MENU to exit.
After resetting the Epson PowerLite 460 lamp tracking function, check that the Lamp Hours have been reset to zero:
- Press the MENU button
- Scroll down to the INFO menu.
- Lamp hours will be seen on the right hand menu. If not reset to zero, repeat the reset again.
Prolong the life of the projector lamp:
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP57 projector lamp with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson PowerLite 460 projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life
Reasons to avoid counterfeit lamps:
- shorter lamp life
- prone to explosions
- damage your eyesight
- exposure to toxic materials and carcinogenic materials
- damage to sensitive electronics in your projector