Our guide shows how to install a new Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3010 projector lamp.
Replacement Warning Signs
You can expect up to 4000 hours with your projector lamp depending on maintenance or how often you use your projector. When it’s time Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3010 projector lamp is reaching end of life, you may notice these warning signs:
- The projector lamp indicator flashes orange or intervals of red.
- The message “Lamp Replace” appears on the screen
- The images gets darker or starts to deteriorates.
Keep your projector working
Counterfeit projector lamps can damage the sensitive and expensive mechanisms in your Epson PowerLite 3010 projector and actually have a much shorter lamp life. They are also more prone to explosions due to the inferior materials used during their production.
Installing the projector lamp
- Turn off the projector power and wait for the cool-down period which is about two minutes. Disconnect the power cord after the two minutes is over.
- Wait at least 30 minutes to one hour for the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3010 projector lamp projector to cool internally before opening it up. It should be cool to the touch.
Loosen the screw holding the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3010 projector lamp cover in place.
Slide the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3010 projector lamp projector lamp cover off and place it to one side.
Loosen the two screws holding the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3010 projector lamp in place.
Lift up the wire handle on the Epson ELPLP68 projector lamp and gently pull the projector lamp out of the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3010 projector lamp. Don’t knock the actual bulb as it may break.
Slowly insert the Epson ELPLP68 projector lamp until it clicks into place. Be sure not to touch the actual bulb as the oil from your skin will case blackouts.
Tighten the screws on the newly installed Epson ELPLP68 projector lamp. Replace the lid on the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3010 projector lamp projector.
Tighten the screw on the projector lamp cover. Reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the lamp timer
The projector lamp timer will need to be reset after replacing the Epson ELPLP68 This timer helps the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3010 projector lamp proiector to properly track the lamp life. Only reset the timer when a new Epson ELPLP68 lamp has been installed, otherwise the projector will NOT know when it’s time to replace the lamp. You run the risk of damaging your projector.
- Press the MENU button on the remote control. The Lamp Reset Menu will appear.
- Scroll down to the RESET. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to the option RESET ALL.
- A prompt appears asking if you want to replace the lamp.
- Select YES when the confirmation pop up screen is shown. Press ENTER.
- Press MENU to exit.
The lamp hours will be reset to zero. The lamp usage timer shows 0H until you’ve used the lamp for at least 10 hours.
How to extend projector lamp life
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP68 with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3010 projector lamp projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.